Did you kickstart your 4th with fireworks? Kickstart your day off with this 7-4-2018 workout! Pick seven exercises (Month), with four rounds (day of the week), at 20 reps for rounds one and three and 18 reps for rounds two and four (year). Sometimes it can be hard to motivate yourself during the holidays, so performing a HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) workout can be something short and simple to start with. A HIIT workout is a cardiovascular exercise focusing on short, but intense, bursts of exercise that typically last 30 min or less. To help you get started here are seven body weight exercises:
- Squat Jumps: Start in the squat position with feet shoulder width apart and explode up. You want to land softly and absorb the jump going back down into a squat.
- Side Planks: Start on either your left or right side with your body inline from your shoulders to your feet. Your elbow should be placed under the shoulder with your weight distributed through the forearm. Then lifting your hips off the ground maintaining a straight line.
- High Knees: Stand in place with feet hip width apart. Then alternate bringing each knee up as high and fast as you can, while maintaining a tight core.
- Push Ups: Hands should be placed slightly wider than your shoulders with your shoulders between 45-degrees to 60-degrees. Push up while maintaining a tight core.
- Alternating Lunges: With upper body straight and core engaged, step forward with one foot and lower hips until both knees are at a 90-degree angle. Be sure to not let your back knee touch the floor and your front knee is above the ankle.
- Superman’s: Lie face down with arms straight in front of you. Then raise arms, chest, and legs off of the floor. Use the muscles in your back and bum to make this happen.
- Burpees: Start the in the squat position leading into placing your hands on the ground outside of the feet. You will then jump both feet back ending in a plank position. Once in the plank position perform a push-up, then in the up position bring both feet back underneath the hands and jump up as high as possible.
Go through all seven exercises with little rest between each exercise and then rest 2-3 mins between each round.